• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding likes/dislikes, "this was helpful" and/or a public comment section to all topics

Contributor ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to give people the option to give feedback on topics, maybe even publicly for public-generated content.

Can this be done in HTML help with some scripts, or only if I publish to certain formats such as Zendesk?

Any experiences or recommendations appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as RoboHelp itself is concerned, you would need RoboHelp Server on every server the help is hosted on. It's not cheap.

I guess some script could work or a link to something outside your project where users could leave feedback. Alternatively you can add links for users to email you. That is covered in the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

Beyond that Frameless, not Responsive HTML5, can output to ZenDesk and other sites.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you will need a db to collect the responses.  In the past, I used lime survey with our KB web deployment.  It allowed me to embed a survey widget into the master page.  From there, you could configure the form to capture the url of the page the user entered the input on.  This was done when i was using madcap but it should be the same for using robohelp.   I eventually 86-it as the effort to maintain it (patching, security updates etc) verses the useful results I recevied was not worth it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp