Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Robohelp || Button for taking inputs from user

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have some quick questions around latest SEO friendly Robohelp 2019.

1. Can we insert something like this in every htm pages and take user inputs.If yes, where this data will get stored. How can I view that data provided by user.

12.jpg

2. Can we insert something like this in every htm pages. If yes, from where this data will come.

12.jpg

3. Can we add footer in robohelp. If yes, how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. There is no built in way of doing that in RoboHelp itself. You would need to set up some third party method of doing it.
    RoboHelp Server is a separate product and that does allow some interaction with users. I don't use it so I can't say whether or not it specifically does what you want.
  2. I think you would have to do that manually. Looks like a good candidate for a feature request. Please follow this link to report bugs or request features. https://tracker.adobe.com
  3. Yes. You create a master page and add the footer to that. Master Pages are described in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project that ships with RoboHelp and in the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can insert a date "variable" using Insert Field. If set to auto-update, I think it updates every time the topic is opened. If auto-update is turned off you need to manually force the update.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Peter and Amebr for sharing the info.

I have another quick question. Can I have published output like this, where User Manual and FAQs are individual htm pages. But they appear next to each other as clickable items.

12.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but the answer is No. 

Please follow this link to request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp