• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe RoboHelp Free Trial Error

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I installed RoboHelp 2020. But after opening the program a new window appears , where I want to click on "Start free trial", I always get the message "An error occurred". If i close the window the whole RoboHelp program shutts down. If there is someone, who solved the problem or had the same problem, i would be thankful. Best regards.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install with admin rights?

Are you working in an environment with strict controls on internet access?

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and f you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your answer. Yes i installed it with admin rights and no strict controls on internet access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try again a few times. I have noticed the forums are slow to respond today so perhaps it's just failing to respond quickly enough.

I am assuming you haven't previously installed 2020 as a trial. I think the response is different if that is the issue.

After that I think you will have to contact Adobe support. techcomm@adobe.com if you want to email or try phoning.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i contacted the support already. But no answer until now. I downloaded the zip file (free demo version). Unpacked it and startet the setup.exe. It should not be a problem, if the unpacked zip file is not in the installation-folder, right? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, the unzipped installation files should not be in the destination installation folder. If you run the setup.exe as an admin and you are logged into your machine as an admin, the only other issue is that something in your corporate environment is blocking RH's "phone home" action to register your Adobe ID.
btw - you know that this forum ISN'T Adobe Support, right? It's just a user-to-user group. If you are still stuck, give the RH folks a buzz at tcssup@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks. Yes i know, that this is a forum. Thanks for your thoughts on my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on where the unpacked zip file is located when you run Setup.exe.

From what you have said, I would try uninstalling, rebooting and then installing from unzipped folder. That should ideally be on the same drive as Program Files but not within it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. I will try it again. Hopefully it will work. Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp