• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aggregate content into a single HTML5 page

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to check if there is an option in Robohelp Version 2022.1.188 with "Responsive HTML5" Output to aggregate separate content pages under "Author" into a single HTML5 page in the "Output". Please advise.

If there is such option, please let me know if any other preset which has it. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what youi mean by "under Author" but if you mean you have, for example, 3 topics and you want to generate only a single topic instead of 3, then there is no such automatic functionality in RH.

I don't know if it will meet your needs, but snippets might allow you to manually do what you want. But it could be confusing for people in future and is a bit of work to set up.  I would recommend deciding on a strict naming and folder structure to keep everything organised, and document what you have done, for anyone taking over in future.

I'll use 3 topics as an example, and assume you need an output with each topic separate, as well as a 4th topic with all 3 topics included. What you could do is copy the topic content into 3 snippets. Then delete the content from each topic and insert the relevant snippet. Finally create a new (4th) topic and insert all 3 snippets. When you need to update the content, you change the snippet and both the single topic and the combined topic are updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am curious as to why you would want to generate all the topics as one.

Each topic explains what a user wants to know about a specific area. They read it and get their explanation. Sometimes that may spark an interest in another topic but that will likely be linked in the first topic. Why would you want to put all the content in one so that the user has to wade through a whole lot of content.

Take a look at my site and imagine all of that in one topic and you just want to learn about say Snippets.

You may have a good reason but I'm just not seeing it and curious.

The printed outputs, Word and PDF, put all the content into a single document but I don't think that is what you are looking for.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp