Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alignment issue in rank column of search results

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating a webhelp output in RoboHelp 2017.

When we search for a keyword in the Help file, and the results are generated, the rank column appears with the relative ranks of the result. However, I have noted that if I drag the left panel, there is an alignment issue. The column header, 'Rank' stays stagnant, and the results in the columns below are fluid, and move along with the pane.
Is there any way in which we can resolve this issue such that the column title is also aligned with the results?

And can we reverse the order of the ranks, if required? Can we make any edits such that the user can see the ranks in a descending order?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested a webhelp output and when I widen the search panel the text wrapping changes so that the wider the panel, the fewer lines are taken by the text. The ranking seems to centre vertically to the middle of whatever height is taken by each result. Perhaps you could add an image of what is wrong in your output.

The result order can be reversed by title and restored to ascender order by clicking either title or rank. However, it does not seem possible to sort in reverse ranking.  It might be possible to play with some javascript file within RoboHelp but I don't know which one, it could be several. That would be something for your developers. That said, I am struggling to see why anyone would want the least likely topics to be presented first.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was digging through some old notes and found this information. It is from 2011 but it may help you find where to make the change. This was to remove the ranking column altogether but you may find something else around that to change the order.

If you don't mind modifying the output files (which I'm sure you won't). Open whfhost.js and go to the functions writeTableHead and writeResult. Simply remove the second and third td from the strings that are build there. (The second td is the separator between the title/summary and the rating).

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp