• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alphabetize TOC

Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like this program but there are some things about it that just leave me scratching my head. One such thing is Alphabetizing TOC. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Robohelp are you using? If RH2019 are you using Classic or New UI? The answer will depend on which you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 2020
--
Joe Williams
Web Developer/Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Contents panel shows you topics in folder name alphabetical order and within the folders the topics are also in alphabetical order. If you create a new TOC and then right click in the blank area of the TOC you can Auto Create the TOC. That will follow the same order as the Contents panel. That seems to be close to what you want.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would note that the order is alphabetical based on the file name, not the topic title, so if your topic title is different from the file name the order might not match your expectations.

For example, if your topic file name is "about_widgets.htm" and the title is "Widgets" it will appear in the "a" section of the auto-created toc, not in the "w" section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp