• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation in RoboHelp

Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding a video (anmated GIF) in RH. I want the users to be able to restart the video. Is that possible? How can I do it? I can create a button but I don't know how to link the button with the animated gif and how to make it restart when clicked.

Apprecaite any repsonse!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said which version of RoboHelp you are using. 

• If you are using a Classic version please go to File Help > About and confirm the version shown. If it is 2019 Classic, please add "Classic" when advising the version number.
  • If you are using the New UI, the version number will  be found in Help > About. Please add "New UI" if the version number starts 14.

Animated GIFs are not really videos. They would just be inserted as with any other image. Google "looping GIFs" for that issue.

Videos are inserted via the menus in your version of RoboHelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Peter has offered, if this is an animated GIF, I would think the answer would involve simply reloading the page.

One way you could easily achieve that would be to insert an image that appears to be a button. Or just some text that you could use to make a hyperlink. Then link to the pound symbol ( # ). I believe that's all that would be needed to reload the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my collegues found an app called Screen to GIF (screentogif.com) that appeared to give them controls on the GIF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not slamming the product here, but if your understanding is accurate, it seems they wouild clearly demonstrate it in their web site. 😉

I'm sure it may offer lots of control when creating the gif, but I fail to understand how it would offer any control over the presentation of a gif loaded into the web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On closer look, I misunderstood what my collegue was doing - they had used this tool to add a timer in some GIFs and a progress bar to others - but they would still just loop without any start/stop controls on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp