• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anwendungsprotokoll

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moin, wo finde ich das Anwendungsprotokoll in Rh.
Der Import von eines Word Dokumentes hat nicht funktioniert.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Hi, versuchs mal in diesem Ordner: C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\Local\Temp\RHTMP

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Hi Peter
Die haben auch keine andere Möglichkeit gesehen als Teile zu importieren und haben selber durch "try and error" herausgefunden dass der Fehler auf Seite 47 ist.
Gestern habe ich aber noch eine andere Idee gehabt die funktioniert hat.
Den gesamten Inhalt des Dokumentes kopieren und in ein neues Dokument einfügen.
Speichern und dann hat der Import funktioniert.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please start threads with your version as it can affect the reply.

Either the online help or this page assuming you are using RoboHelp 2020. RH2020 Importing/Linking Word/Fm Docs (grainge.org).

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Es ist die Version 2020.7.46
Gibt es deutsche Dokumentation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Der Link beinhaltet leider nicht die Lösung zu meinem Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is. I will make enquiries.

That said if your browser translater does an adequate job, there are images to make it easier to follow.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps telling us the problem might help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find the Anwendungsprotokoll?
Thats the Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cordula24933232f1e0_0-1655709080364.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says there was a problem, further informationon in the log...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all there is a German version of the help. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/de/robohelp/user-guide.html

It should be accessible from the Help menu.

It helps if you post all in German or all in English, one being better for you, one being better for me as I do not speak any German. The translate feature on the forum cannot cope with two language replies. I believe the German word in the last post means "log". 

If RoboHelp fails to generate the log should be accessible by right clicking the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

google tranlation says application log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it will be the log for the generation. I am not aware of a separate log. Try what I suggested.

Anticipating what might be your next question, how to find the rogue topic, it seems to be time for the old divide and conquer approach.

In the new UI the content of the output is controlled by what is in the TOC so create two copies of your TOC and delete different halves. One should work and one should fail. 

Assuming one half only failed, create a copy of it and again delete different halves. By repeating that you should narrow things down to the topic(s) giving grief.

If both failed, you need to create smaller and smaller sections.

It usually works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I think I missed something. What did you suggest to find the log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in a post in this thread. https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/anwendungsprotokoll/m-p/13016735#M145006

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you wrote "If RoboHelp fails to generate the log should be accessible by right clicking the preset."
can you send me a screenshot where I have to right click?
I can not find it, sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm travelling so no screenshot. Go to Outputs and right click the one that is giving you trouble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, 

The problem is with the import, not with the output. Log file has been detected, but is not understandable by either of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry. Assuming you have imported other documents OK, it's a similar approach. Two copies of the document with different halves deleted until you find what is tripping up the import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you wrote, Peter, but I don't understand that you wrote that. What is the log file for?
My file is more than 100 pages...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The log file tells you that it failed to import the .docx file. If your .docx file is 100 pages long, make a copy of it and delete 50 pages - try importing. Does it fail? If so, take the 50 pages and delete 25 of them. Try importing again. Repeat until the offending page is found. If successful with 50 pages, keep adding more back on until it fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an echo round here. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, versuchs mal in diesem Ordner: C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\Local\Temp\RHTMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vielen Dank Karin, ich habe die Logdatei gefunden.
Leider kann ich mit dem Inhalt nichts anfangen.
Ich hänge die mal an.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cordula24933232f1e0 Have you now resolved this? If not, what steps have you taken so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das liegt jetzt beim Customer Care zur Ursachen Ermittlung.
Viele Grüße
Cordula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp