• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to enlarge work window text

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a really bad dry eye, and now find it hard to work in RoboHelp, despite medication. I have large monitors, but not being able to enlarge the text in RoboHelp is a real pain. In most applications, you can increase the window using View or at worst Ctrl +

But there is no way to do that in Robo that I can find. Yes - I can increase the overall screen resolution, but that means rather than working in a smaller window and being able to utilize my entire desktop for other windows I'm capturing screenshots in, I have to minimize things, which is time consuming and annoying.

Am I missing something obvious? Please say yes...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Hi there

I may be misinterpreting on this, but I don't think I've seen mention of the zoom setting in the RoboHelp editor area. Sure, the actual text of the application can't be adjusted, but it may be helpful to adjust the zoom setting of the editor area itself.

While I don't have RoboHelp 11 in front of me, it should be similar to what I see in 2017. You may have a View menu in 11. If so, look there. If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, try pressing and holding the Ctrl key and rolling the w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH? Have you tried messing around with the shortcut? There's something in there about high-res monitors and scaling that may have an effect for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. I'm running RoboHelp 11. I see I can run in 640x480 resolution. Unfortunately when I select that, it changes the entire screen, and only displays a fraction of the information.

I wish the ctrl+ worked. I take most windows up to 125% and it's fine. I guess I just have to keep taking very frequent breaks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking more of the "Override high DPI scaling behavior - Scaling performed by:" setting in Win10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I don't seem to have that option. On windows 10, but it's not there. I am using VMWare, maybe that is why.

Although, Windows should be windows... I appreciate your taking the time and looking for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What build of Win10 are you running inside your VM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I may be misinterpreting on this, but I don't think I've seen mention of the zoom setting in the RoboHelp editor area. Sure, the actual text of the application can't be adjusted, but it may be helpful to adjust the zoom setting of the editor area itself.

While I don't have RoboHelp 11 in front of me, it should be similar to what I see in 2017. You may have a View menu in 11. If so, look there. If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, try pressing and holding the Ctrl key and rolling the wheel.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks as always! That does work in the editor area. The menus are still difficult to read, but at least I can see the text easily when reviewing.

This getting old crap really sucks when it impacts vision... nothing they can do to help, computer glasses don't work, but at least this will help quite a bit!

Anahid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel for you as I too am finding things more difficult myself with each passing day.

As I've heard elsewhere: Gettin old ain't fer sissies! LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll post separately about this, but thought it would be worth tagging opn here for cross-reference:

RH2019 Classic still hasd the Zoom feature when editing a topic.

In RH2019, that seems to have been removed. 🙂

This is a major step backwards for those of use with ageing eyes or the need for very fine alignment of elements in a topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/

Post back with the ticket details so other people can vote on it.

Also browse through the existing tickets and vote for the ones you want. For example, there's this one for better contrast: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-6388

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today I posted  Bug Report RH-6634 to add back the Zoom feature for editing content in RH 2019.

(It's still there in 2019 Classic.)

Anyone interested in this thread might want to vote for that feature request. 😉

Thanks for the nudge, Amebr. I thought I'd already noted that here, but my memory is about as good as my eyesight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp