• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply identical formatting to paragraphs or chunks of text?

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any option in RoboHelp 2015 similar to Format Painter in Word? It would be great if I could just select text in a RoboHelp topic, click Format Painter, and then select text in a different topic to match all the formatting in the previous, so it's identical.

If not, is there a viable alternative you could recommend? I've made so many small formatting changes using in-line editing, and it's hard to figure out exactly what I did and why blocks of text don't match.

All topics started out as Word documents which I uploaded into RoboHelp, but I'd prefer to make edits using in-line editing in possible, as this seems simpler rather than taking all of the following steps:

1. making the edits in Word
  2. deleting the old RoboHelp topic
  3. uploading the edited Word document to replace the old RH topic (and re-writing the file)
  4. adding the topic to the Table of Contents once again

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Format Painter" in RH? Nope, not as far as I know - you'll have to stick it on a wishlist for Adobe.

BTW - what do you mean by "in-line editing"? As I understand the term, it's not a tech comm best practice to apply formatting (bold, italics, etc.) in-line - styles should be used to control that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

While it doesn't work in the same way, RoboHelp does offer something loosely along the lines of a Format Painter.

Basically, you need to first define a style in your CSS. And after you do that, you apply the style to your text or lines or whatever. Then you edit your HTML by painting it up and applying other attributes. Once you have done this, you select the line or whatever and click the Edit tab followed by Update Style.

Then you just apply the same style to the other elements you want formatted the same way.

lib.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp