• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are .gz files necessary in RoboHelp output?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to RoboHelp 2020.8.34 early this year. After generating my outputs, our dev team noticed that the size of the projects were significately larger than before because of the addition of .gz files.

Are these files necessary? If not, is there a way to disable them from being generated as part of the output?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They weren't put there for fun. 🙂 They are to improve user search response times. They can be removed but at an obvious cost.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW. Your 2020 subscription allows you to upgrade to the current version, which is 2022.3. No extra cost.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I assumed they were essential, but the dev noticed the increase the size of the help folder and freaked a bit. 

I didn't realize that there was a 2022 version until I started searching on this topic today. I'll probably upgrade next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Suggest your files are needed so perhaps the developer could exclude some of their files. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp