• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are tables usable for anyone in RH2020?

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are on 2020.3.32. Migrated from RH2020 where we were using a custom table template.

Is it just (all of) us, or are you receiving constant Application Errors while trying to work with tables, custom or canned? I just selected one of the available layout options, the nasty orange looking one, and tried to do the same things as I've been fighting with in my custom table layout, and same errors and problems.

1. Can't copy a row - no matter how I try, the row inserts into a single cell and increases the total column count. This happens while copying a row from another table, or from the same table.

2. Can't shade a row in the table from the color picker, no matter whether I merge the cells or not. It looks like the color selection is accepted, but when I click back on the table, the cell color hasn't changed.

Add in the constant Application Errors and requests to restart RH, and this doesn't give me warm fuzzies.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long time no see. Welcome back.

The second issue is a matter of selecting the row, clicking Properties > General > Background and applying shading.

The first issue seems to have gone wrong as I thought it was working before. Give me some time and I will check again and, if necessary, refer to Adobe. Meantime may select the row, go to Source View and rearrange it there?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did indeed use this method, and results never waver no matter how I select and copy / paste rows to copy - the rows are inserted as a table within the table, or they add columns to the table, no matter what I do. And, application errors all over the place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and for the coloring, yes, used these steps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up a custom table in my CSS. It works great - variable shadding per row, and doesn't result in any errors. I'm running 2020. I will note that getting it defined in the style sheet was cumbersome, but I got there.

2021-01-13_9-19-54.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like an easy fix - just create a new table template - but even when using the canned ones RH provides, same errors. And, all of our projects contain tables on almost every page. Wouldn't want to have to replace all of them with a template that doesn't work reliably anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving a row is not as polished as it should be but here's how.

1. Select the row to be moved or copied and use the context menu or CTRL C.
  2. Go to the row below where you want to move/copy to.
  3. Select that row using the context menu.
  4. Then use the context menu or CTRL V. The row will be added correctly.
  5. If required Delete the original row.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LMardenTyler I got the same as you until I tried those steps and then it worked just fine. I'll knock up a video for you tomorrow. Email me via my site so that I can send you the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have created a PDF with more comprehensive instructions and images.

https://www.grainge.org/demos/moverows/MoveCopyRows.pdf 

Let me know if it is still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp