Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assign a content-sensitive title to a topic

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am using RoboHelp2019. I would like to assign to each topic an English title and a German title. I have set two filters (English and German). The purpose is when I click the german filter, the topic title is shown in german and vice-versa. 

I added these lines in the HTML code, but that does not work:

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think conditioning will work that way - I assume you would have separate topics with content in each language? Or are you trying to have both languages' content in one topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have both languages' content in one topic because we need only one link for each topic (article).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also need to keep in mind that a topic can only have one title, whatever you enter in your screenshot. The topic can have two headings, which default to the first title entered but they are then separated.

I agree with Jeff that two topics would work better but then you have the issue of search and index keywords.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to me that the Index and Search would handle themselves automatically, no?

So if a person were searching and using German as their language, it should ignore the English version of the topic. Likewise, one would have the German term in the Index and that would link only to the German version of the topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right. the Index and the search handle themselves automatically. It is not a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A project can only have one language set and I believe there is a link to how the search works. To go to an extreme, consider a project with English and Japanese content. I'm not sure how well that would be handled. In this thread, German has characters not in the English language so I think there could be issues. Even if it does work, someone searching for a term in the non-project language would get results showing the topic title which can only be in one language.

The index might also need to have some keywords in both languages. Again that might cause issues.

Most of the advice I have seen on multi language projects is don't. In other words, copy the project and translate it.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not share the same opinion as you on the fact that a project could only have one language because everything works well. No problems with characters, search, index, and filters. In the project settings file, we could also add all the labels in both languages. 

The only problem that I have is the title. It would be perfect if it could be topic-sensitive but is not possible for the moment.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I said was "a project can only have one language set". In Project Settings you can only select one language. I didn't say topics could only have one language.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also did make it clear I wasn't sure about how other things would work. I was simply implying that you should check things. Good to hear it has worked.

Topic Title has alway been an issue. If you were creating different outputs for each language, then the title could be set as a variable but that's another matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in Project Settings you can only select one language. You are right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp