• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assigning Page IDs to Topics

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to assign a Page ID (used in Page Level Help) to a topic. In a past project, it would be a 5 letter designation followed by .htm (ABBCD.htm). I know how to do it using RoboHelp Classic, but don't see where I would do it in RoboHelp 2020.

Thanks!

-Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about MapIDs? I've not heard of using a MapID as part of the topic filename, but I guess it could be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do it here...

image.png

or here

image.png

It's explained here. RH2020 Mapping (grainge.org)

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! I'd love to try it out but my 30 day trial is up. Do you by chance know if I can use Word documents alongside MAP IDs, or do I need to create a new template in RoboHelp to enter the information manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To the best of my knowledge, once you import the document and create the topics from it, you can then assign map ids. Not something I use so not 100% sure but I can't see why that would not work.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp