• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-creating the TOC for a linked FM book

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FM 2019 (Version 15.0.8.979) and RH 2019 (2019.0.14).

I want to link the FM book in an RH project and have it auto-create the TOC when I tell it to Create/Update Topics.

When I do this, the TOC it creates only has Title 1s in it.

johno51871765_1-1644507762159.png

Previously, I was able to get it to bring in the TOC and include everything down to Titles 3 & 4.

johno51871765_2-1644507781181.png

The problem is I can't remember how I did it.

Does anyone know which settings I need to change so it includes Titles 2, 3, and 4 in the TOC?

(It's a 600+ page document with 50+ Title 1s, all having multiple Titles 2/3/4.  Creating each entry in the TOC manually would take hours each and every time we update the original FM book so that's not a good option.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't really tell you what to do with that linking scenario - I'm an "import" guy myself; and importing just pulls the FM TOC into the project as it's laid out in FM (structure-wise that is). Have you tried creating a new RH project & linked it to the FM source to see what you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sir, I sure have.

And I've tried importing it as well, but get the same results.  The TOC only ever goes 1 layer deep.

It's so frustrating because I've done it before, but can't for the life of me figure out how I did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the TOC look like in FM? Because there aren't any "style type" settings in RH to control how it comes in from FM, RH uses the fonts, weights, and indents to figure out what headings to bring over.
You don't mention, but are you setting pagination on the FM paragraph tags so that they result in separate topics in RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with TCS support / TCS Gold support right now to try and fix this. So far, we haven't had any luck.

If this continues, I will come back to this question and re-engage.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your help in this. TCS Gold Support was able to ehlp me out.

Apparently, it would only work with RH 2020 and FM 16.0.3.  For some reason, it won't work with other versions, earlier or later.  Even they didn't know why.

We can consider this question closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp