• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-sizing Popups in Chrome Not Working

Explorer ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use auto-sizing popup link frequently in our online help. They work correctly using the WebHelp format, a format we are moving away from, but I've noticed that they don't open correctly when we generate the content using our Indigo-based HTML5 Responsive Layout, at least not in Chrome or Firefox. By the way, the application the help is written for is currently only supported in Chrome. Hence my trying to resolve this issue with that browser. I'm using RoboHelp 2019 Classic (Update 7).

When I click a link using the auto-sizing popup, it opens as shown below:

html5 layout - auto-sizing popup issue example.png

If I configure the link to open as a custom-sized popup that works, see below.

html5 layout - custom-sized popup issue example.png

Has anyone else experienced this? This seems like a bug to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a go in one of the sample projects to see if its a problem there. If it works, then it suggests there's something in your project causing the effect. If it's a problem in the sample, that might indicate an installation problem or a bug in Update 7. (I'd test myself, but I don't currently have Update 7.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I forgot to add that we are publishing the files to RoboServer 10 (Update 1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a suggestion to see if it's the influence of RH Server or not - see if it misbehaves when you look at the pages locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens locally (i.e., on my hard drive) and on the server. And I've tested this using both absolute and relative links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try one of the sample projects as Amber suggested? I just tried Employee Care 3 with the Indigo layout and the auto-sized popup worked correctly in both Chrome and Firefox.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp