New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp version : 2017 13.0.2.334

Windows 7

Webhelp  output

Good morning, everyone,

I am working on a project that allows me to automatically generate online help using the command line.

The Master Project contains children's projects that are compiled one after the other. The master project, once compiled, does not contain an index.htm file but a project_maitre.htm file.

If I compile this same project using the robohelp interface, the master project contains an index.htm file.

I would like to understand why the project compiled using the command line does not generate the same files and especially if a project placed on servers can be read without index.htm file.

thank you very much .

Etien

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used command line generation but there is an article about it on my site, written by a practised user.

Something in your command line must be pointing to an SSL with the start page project_maitre.htm.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i did a mistake in my explanations:

"project_maitre" is the french translation of "Master_Project".

So, when i compile, the Master_project" generates a file Master_Project.htm and not an Index.htm file.

In the ssl file, the file by default (i dont know the real name of the option because my interface is in french) is index_f_3_0.htm.

I find this one (index_f_3_0.htm) in the good folder (the same one as Master_Project.hmt) once it has been compiled.

In the others projects, which are also compiled with the command line but which are children projects of the Master_project, i can find index.htm files and all the default files defined in the ssl file.

To finish, i used your site to create my project, and I thank you for all the interesting information it contains.

I hope someone with experience in these compilations will be able to help me.

Thank you Peter for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Step 6 of my tutorial you will see an image that shows where the name of the Start Page is defined. That can be whatever you want to call it. Index.htm is the default but maybe in the past someone else has used a different name. Alternatively they may have confused the start page with the default topic and put the latter in there as the start page.

I think you need to go through the master and child projects and ensure that in all cases the start page is defined as index.htm, then generate to a new folder.

From your first post, it does sound as if things are set up correctly as above. After checking that, it must mean that something is wrong in your command line.

With that checked, let's look at your post above.

So, when i compile, the Master_project" generates a file Master_Project.htm and not an Index.htm file.

Compile how? From RoboHelp or the command line? If that is happening from RoboHelp, then either that is a topic or your Start Page is defined as that, notwithstanding what you have said. If it only happens from the command line, then it must be something in your command line.

In the ssl file, the file by default (i dont know the real name of the option because my interface is in french) is index_f_3_0.htm.

Do you mean if you open the SSL file in a text editor or that is what is in the dialog? I can't see how they can be different so you must have that set in the dialog. Change it to index.htm unless you have a reason for that name. If you do, what is the reason?

I find this one (index_f_3_0.htm) in the good folder (the same one as Master_Project.hmt) once it has been compiled.

That sounds like you might not be generating the child projects to their individual folders. If you are not, the whole thing will never work.

In the others projects, which are also compiled with the command line but which are children projects of the Master_project, i can find index.htm files and all the default files defined in the ssl file.

That seems to contradict my response in the previous section. Check through what I have said above and see where that gets us.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for your help Peter.

I think all i did was good : command line was ok, my projects were well compiled in the good child projects ... so i tried to re-build the project using the hhp file (not the xpj file).

After that, it works as expected.

So, to help the others users, re-building a project can be very usefull.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp