Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Baggage files and font display in CHM

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is a "baggage" file created?

I'm trying to include a font that isn't displaying properly in the CHUM output. "Arial Nova".

I pasted the font file in with the project files at the same level as the .css.

Are there special steps to creating a baggage file? If so, please advise - Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RoboHelp are you using? 2019 totally changes your playing field rather dramatically with these and it's no longer exactly clear exactly how we deal with them. And especially if you are creating CHM files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2017.

I am using Arial Nova and Raleway fonts. But when others view the CHM files, they see Times New Roman or plain Arial.

I copied the font files into the root and added this to my .css per some other web fix.

@font-face {

font-family: Arial Nova;

src:url("ArialNova.ttf");

font-family: Raleway;

src:url("Raleway.ttf");

}

/*Created with Adobe RoboHelp 2017.*/

Any ideas how to make sure my fonts are visible? I am using a Master Page as well.

I've just pasted the font files into the root of the project. Is this considered a baggage file? If not, how do I create a baggage file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that fix for CHMs or web pages generally?

CHMs are a Microsoft format and they haven't updated how they work since 2004. My guess is that CHMs simply do not understand that code. I am not a CHM user and am happy to be corrected but that's my thinking.

A possible solution is to create webhelp and then use the WebHelp to CHM converter script. That does get round some CHM deficiencies but I don't know about this one.

Baggage files are generally a means of uploading a file. Fonts need to be installed.

My advice with CHMs would be to stick with what you get in a standard installation of Windows. That way you can rely on the end user having that font.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made a small site for someone who just had to use a particular font for their headings at the top of the page, but as you said, the people viewing didn't see it.

If it's only in certain scenarios, you can do what I did - do your heading in Word, take a screenshot and insert that. They ended up with a very nice design for the header, fit exactly what they wanted, and everyone saw it properly

For full text, do what Peter said... he's always helpful - and right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp