Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


Bookmark links showing up as broken links

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As part of my robohelp project (RH2017) i've begun adding 'in-page' hyperlinks, which jump to a later sub-heading in the same article (but not adding these bookmarks to the ToC).

As is standard with this type of link, I tag the target sub-heading with a relevant 'id' and then create the hyperlink simply as <a href=#id>Link</a>

Unfortunately once this is added, despite it working correctly, Robohelp identifies it as a broken link.

Has anyone else come across this? The concern is that these start to build up and I miss a genuine error in future.

Should I be doing this via some other process?

Many thanks,

David

Views

265

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018
I selected some text and applied a bookmark. In Code view it looks like this.<p><a name="Target">New</a>Then I selected the text for the link, right clicked and used Insert Hyperlink<p><a href="#Target">This</a> is some sample text.That's how RoboHelp does it so I'm not sure how you got id and nothing inserted for the id. Are you doing this in code view? Use  RoboHelp's UI as I did not get a broken link and it works just fine.See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information. @petergrainge

Likes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected some text and applied a bookmark. In Code view it looks like this.

<p><a name="Target">New</a>

Then I selected the text for the link, right clicked and used Insert Hyperlink

<p><a href="#Target">This</a> is some sample text.

That's how RoboHelp does it so I'm not sure how you got id and nothing inserted for the id. Are you doing this in code view? Use  RoboHelp's UI as I did not get a broken link and it works just fine.


See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter,

It turns out 'id' had crept into my html instead of 'name' and was proliferating via the clipboard. Swapping over has solved it!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation