• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks Issue

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOping someone has experience with this issue or similar? When we convert an existing RH 2017 over to the new RH 2019 version, the existing bookmark links do not work anymore. They take one to the correct html top of page, but it doesn't go to the specific bookmark further down the page. 

After research we found out that the existing bookmark title contains upper-case letters in the title (example: Open_This_Page). And when we convert the upper cases letters to lowercase, then the book marks will work properly. But by doing this, folks that have bookmarked or used the previous URL bookmarks in various material will have broken links, unless they revise all of their version 2017 links.  Has anyone experienced this, and found a solution so the existing bookmark urls convert properly over to the new 2019 version?  Thanks you for any insight. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the capitalisation of bookmarks or links will have been adjusted in any way during the upgrade process. 

Do you only see the issue after you upload the content to the server, or also when you run the output on your local hard drive? If it's only after you upload to the server, it suggests the server has changed to be case sensitive where previously it was case insensitive. (Typically IIS is case insensitive and Apache is case sensitive, but both can be changed by the server admin.)

If you see the issue when you run the help on your PC I'm not sure what to suggest. What output were you generating in RH2017? What are you generating in RH2019? What version of 2019 are you using - Classic or New UI? Do you have update 14 installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd also be wondering what route you took - RH2017 to RH2019 Classic & then to RH2019 New UI? Or did you just go Classic to Classic and stop there? I'd be looking at the bookmarks in the RH topics themselves to verify that they were fine post-upgrade, then look at the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp