Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breadcrumb links

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Robohelp Community,

Is there a way to create links in the Breadcrumbs that does not follow the TOC hierarchy? It appears each link in the breadcrumbs chain corresponds to a book in the TOC rather than a folder in the project's directory structure (my TOC is different than the directory structure).

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the breadcrumbs have always followed the toc path and can't be changed. 

You might be able to write your own javascript or jquery (or find an existing library) to implement folder structure breadcrumbs, but it's not something I've tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amebr,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your help. Is there a way to have the breadcrumbs based on file structure rather than the TOC structure? One of my colleagues says that she believes this may have been an option in the past. 

Thank you for the assistance, it is much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I'm not aware of any way to select that in RH. I had a poke around in RH2017 and RH2019 New and can't see any way of changing what the breadcrumbs display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Breadcrumbs have always been TOC based. I believe the logic is the folder structure is a matter for your organisation while working while the TOC is how you want to present things to the user.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always, Thank you Mr. Grainge. You are always extremely helpful and full of great information. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter is fine. Glad to have helped.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp