Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breadcrumbs Home link broken?

Participant ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning ladies and gents,

I started a new project with the Frameless Dark skin this week, and I've run into a problem.  I'm not sure if it's a common issue or if it's just me, but it seems like the breadcrumbs Home button/link is broken.  It keeps taking me back to a topic that I no longer have in my project, the First_Topic.htm topic that is the default topic when you create a new project.  I have tried to find out where I can edit the information for that topic, but I can't find it.  When I click it here, it just gives me a broken link error, because obviously the topic doesn't exist.  I want the button/link to take me back to the home page for the project.  It's the Home link/button I have in the attachment.

Can someone please assist?  If I click the Title bar/icon it takes me back to where I want to be without an issue.  Ideally the Home button/link would do the same?

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Go to the Output Presets.

Open your Online Help preset.

Open Content, the second option down.

In Default Topic, select a HTM file that you want to be your homepage. 

Save and regenerate the help.

Did that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Output Presets.

Open your Online Help preset.

Open Content, the second option down.

In Default Topic, select a HTM file that you want to be your homepage. 

Save and regenerate the help.

Did that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ivanw65285818, it actually didn't work, but your suggestion did make me look at an option that helped me fix it.  I don't know why, but just entering index.htm into the Default Topic section under the Frameless output didn't work.  I tried that numerous times, but it simply refused to work.  I then navigated to another topic, selected that and it did take it as the "home page".  I then again erased the default topic box content and manually entered index.htm and boom, it worked this time.  I guess somewhere something got stuck on the backend on the default topic name.

Thanks for the help mate, it's working just fine now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, but setting index.htm could cause problems with yout project. index.htm is an automatically generated topic that doesn't appear in your source folders, only in the output folders. index.htm is usually specified in Start Page on the General tab.

Usually the default topic is the first page of your content that you want users to see - something like a Welcome or a What's New topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I'm aware of the default topic that's generated, but it seems to work.  I noticed that when I just view my generated topic without using the home button, it opens up on the index.htm page, which I think RH19 uses to identify the home page.  As such, it loads the first page of the project, the Frameless Dark skin's home page, without an issue.  It's working flawlessly, so I'm just leaving it as such.  I have viewed it there and published to a new location, and it works just fine everywhere, so I'm not worried about it (for now).  I want them to see the skin's home page, and not a welcome screen or anything, so that's just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp