Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browse sequences don’t work with more than one merged project - 2017

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recently upgraded to 2017 and am using the new  Indigo layout.

I note that with more than one merged help project the browse sequence doesn’t work properly or sync with the TOC. It works with a single project or with just one merged project?

As I use 30 merged projects this is a big issue.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

After some joint testing by gc31 and myself, it seems the issue is with any responsive merged help setup. Synchronisation works for browse sequences, searches, index and cross topic links in FF, Chrome and Edge but not in IE11.

This has been reported to Adobe.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that you refer to the Browse Sequence in the singular. In merged help, browse sequences are all within each child and not cross project.

Also you are mentioning responsive layouts. Did you previously have a webhelp setup?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes sorry I mean the browse sequences in each child project. Previously used responsive help and the Azure_Blue layout in RH2015.

It seems to work in IE11 (when the previous fix you gave me for the help not displaying in IE11 is applied - reference "Search engine does not return results in IE for Responsive HTML5 help")

However, the TOC doesn't sync when a search is completed in Chrome, nor do the browse sequences work.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the updates to 2017?

Have you imported the Indigo layout again after applying the updates?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes on latest version and imported the layout. The Browse sequences work in Chrome in a single project but as soon as you use one merged project the TOC doesn't sync and the browse sequence doesn't work.

Does the TOC sync and the browse sequences work for you in Chrome with a merged project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

There seems to be some major issues with the Indigo layout and merged help. I note you said there were issues on another post but this was back in March.

Problem with Indigo Layout TOC with Merged Projects

The TOC doesn't sync properly, browse sequences don't work.

Are there still issues currently?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding was that the issues had been fixed if you use the latest version of the layout. You have to import it again with a small revision to the name and you have to do that in all the projects.

Then you have to generate all the projects again before you can test.

Have you done that?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes I downloaded the Indigo zip from the Adobe website and renamed it .slz. I can't find the page now but presume this would be the latest version?

Then renamed it Indigo9.slz and imported it in. I have done a small merged project and still have some issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In one of the layouts, go to the gallery in the SS:s and add it that way to all the projects before generating all again.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I have tried that and everything else... i could send the very small test project and output to you (10mb in a zip). If that is OK of course?

That will demonstrate the issues.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. See Contact page on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some joint testing by gc31 and myself, it seems the issue is with any responsive merged help setup. Synchronisation works for browse sequences, searches, index and cross topic links in FF, Chrome and Edge but not in IE11.

This has been reported to Adobe.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Item 13 in Using RoboHelp 2017 for information about a fix for this issue.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I applied the above files and they seems to work regarding the syncing.

However, I notice an issue with search results using the Indigo layout. The first 20 or so results are fine, then duplicate page entries appear for each result after this. Not sure whether the above fix caused this or it was doing it before.

I generate the same with Azure_Blue layout and the search results are fine so seems to be an issue with the Indigo layout.

Do you see this issue as well?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't got a big enough merge to test at the moment.

Try generating all to a new folder or trashing the existing contents. If

that doesn't fix it, it would help if you can locate an old output and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was happening on a single project as well.

Will investigate further tomorrow.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Try it with the Employee Care sample page as well. If it occurs there, I will be able to see it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Example of issue with Employee Sample project. Initial results OK then duplicate entries as highlighted:

Capture4.jpg

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to relate to searching with a singular word that also has a plural in the same topic.

In the topics with employee and employees, the topic is listed twice. If you search on employees, the topic is only listed once. Check you get the same and that is the issue with your own projects.

If it is, I will report the bug and post the link in this thread for others to vote on.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a new project, I still get the following:

Capture1.jpg

There are no topics with the word "topics" in it.

Also searching for "Type topic" returns duplicate results.

Seems to happen from the 15th item in the search results onwards regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see the Bug Report Tracker 1391 and add your vote.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp