Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in RoboHelp 2022 Word Import and Word Linking

New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to link a .docx file and map Word styles and have been following the instructions at:

https://www.grainge.org/RoboHelp_Tour/rh2022/authoring/importing_linking.htm

Each time I attempt it I come up against problems and have traced it to the contents of default.wsf needing to be edited manually e.g. there's a typo with spelling of "heirarchy" in the default code, however when I re-import all my manual edits to the file disappear and I am perplexed as to why.

Please see the attached PDF file particluarly the highlighted sections for details.

Any help would be much appreciated as I've been beating my head against for a while now.

pg1pg1pg2pg2pg3pg3pg4pg4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is it, are you importing or linking? 

The edits you refer to, in the topics or the settings? 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The WSF file is only relevant to importing. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see the pdf as it displays a message "this file may be protected". It would be better if you take the screenshots and paste directly into a post, then we cans see the screenshots in line with the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I turned your PDF into png images & put them in the body of your post. Like Peter, I'm unclear what action you're trying to accomplish as you have shots from both importing Word docs and linking to Word docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp