• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can creating a map file be done automatically when generating the output ?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

The MANUAL process for exporting a map file (.h) is documented at https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/using/context-sensitive-help.html . In need this file for context help from my app.

The map .h file is apparently NOT generated when I generate the Frameless output of my project. Can this be scripted somehow? 

Ultimately I will run RoboHelp from the command line to build the output and create a package that will be consumed by my app, but this package also needs the map .h file. 

// Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe - but I haven't seen anybody post anything on how do that. I only get an automatic .h file created when I import my content from FrameMaker into RH and that content has CSH markers that get translated into map files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a friendly developer available, maybe there is something in the RH scripting language that will help you write a script. You can find the documentation in the Appendix section of the help file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replies!

I think for now I just do it manually, since the friendly developer in this case is me 🙂 and I don't have time right now. to investigate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp