• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I set up a conditional tag group to reuse in all documents?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH 2020. The documents we publish will use the same set of conditional tags. Is there a way to set this up once, and reuse the set in all my documents? Even better, is there a way to set up a template that would include my conditional tags as well as other settings to apply to all the documents? 

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are saying you will have multiple outputs which will all use the same condition expression. If so simply select that expression in each preset. If there are more things in common, create one preset with what that one requires and then duplicate it. In the duplicate you only need to change what is different.

If that is not what you mean, please clarify.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is what I am saying. 

I will have multiple documents to publish, all of which will use the same set of condition tags, the same glossary, the same heading choices, etc. You're saying that I can create an output present that will contain my standard choices and then be able to duplicate it for each document?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes create the first preset and configure it. Right click on it and select Duplicate. Just change what is different about that preset. Rinse and repeat.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp