• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I view Topics and TOC at the same time?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to RH 2020 and I'm still getting the hang of this new layout.

In previous versions we could open the TOC panel and the Project Manager panel at the same time, which allowed for dragging and dropping topics from the Project Manager list directly into the TOC.

So far I can't figure out how to replicate this behavior in RH 2020. 

Is it possible to view the Contents panel and the Table of Contents panel at the same time as in previous versions?

If not, does anyone have a workaround or suggestion for how I could improve my workflow based on what I'm trying to do here? I'd just rather not have to go through the steps of manually clicking the + sign and searching for a topic to add to the TOC every single time.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the RoboHelp Tour on my site. You can view two tabs side by side or one above the other.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually been poking around your site all morning but haven't come across anything like this. I'm probably missing something super obvious...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main site or the RoboHelp Tour? It's in 2020 Bit and Pieces > Side by Side.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Split View, not side by side.

Split View

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah OK. That's a neat feature but not what I'm looking for. I want to be able to view the Contents pane and the Table of Contents pane side by side.

Something like this:

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 12.08.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Double click the TOC so it opens in the main authoring area and the click the Contents so that is on the left of the TOC. If you also need to see a topic, use split view for the TOC and the topic. See if that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp