Exit

Can't open project after update or from another device

Explorer ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.
We are using Windows 10 and 11 Pro\Ent
Robohelp  2020.7.46 (We are observing this issue since 2020.5 i think)
We are facing the issue when after upgrading Robohelp we can't open our project. It is endless 'upgrading files'. We have also tried to recreate our project on device with updated Robohelp. Under recreate I mean simply move topics and skin files from old version  to new version. This fixes the issue for a current device but when a collegue trying to open it - it is in endless 'reading files'. 
I saw few old topics regarding href slashes, but i though it was fixed. Anyway we got around 2000 topics and every got a hrefs so it's impossible to review thme all. 

defaultv667u7s1tnd8_0-1651746338433.png

Any help? This really impacts our job for a long time. 

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an issue I have come across.

1. Are the projects on a local drive?
  2. Do you get the same problem if you open one of the sample projects that you can find in Documents > My RoboHelp Projects.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter. 
1. Yes
2. No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opened on a different device RoboHelp will read again. When you say "endless" do you really mean that? Does it ever complete?

The only thing I can suggest is with the project closed delete the contents of the .rh folder in Explorer and then reopen it. Does that make any difference?

If not then I think you need to try Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter. Yes, I mean Robohelp starts reading files and never ends. I have been waiting for a 5 hours. In task manager it uses about 0.2% CPU and 0% of DISK. So I think it is not reading them at all. 
I tried to delete .rh folder - no result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share one of your projects? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I will take a look for anything obvious and see what happens at my end if you can share a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter. 
Very thank you for your help, I have sent the project to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp