• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open select TOC pages after opening RH 11 .xpj in RH 2017

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently opened a project in RH 2017 but prior to loading it into RH 2017, my team has been using RH 11 for online help. When I open the .xpj file in RH 2017, some of my TOC pages are not able to be opened. The TOC pages that aren't able to be opened show up with a red x, as shown below.

When I attempt to open that specific TOC page, it takes me to the TOC Page Properties window.

Additionally, the logos/pictures I've added into those specific pages (the ones I can no longer open in RH 2017) show a s a broken link after compiling. Is there any way that I can make the TOC pages editable without deleting each and re-adding them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Create a conditional tag called say Beta. In Topic List apply that tag to all the topics to be excluded. When you generate, create an expression NOT Beta and those topics will not be in the build.

You could create a separate output as a duplicate and just change the build expression so that you have one output for general use and one for the testers to save keep changing the expression, or forgetting to.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'd be looking closely at the properties for each page in the TOC entry. Then look at the project and see if the topic exists.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick Captiv8r,

What specifically should I be looking for inside the TOC properties? If they do exist, is there a workaround for editing them/removing the red x? If they don't exist, what are my options?

Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

When you examine the properties of the TOC entry, you should see something like this:

Snag_40387d51.png

You want to pay close attention to what you see in that "Liink to:" field. Then ensure the topic is actually IN that location and is named what RoboHelp is expecting.

The file could have been moved or renamed behind RoboHelp's back and that is one way this can happen.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

The Link to: location is correct, however, the files are not actually in that location. Is there a way for me to add the .htm files back in? When I look at my project source files using file explorer outside of the application, I can see the .htm files that have disappeared from the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, you can probably just use Windows File Explorer to copy them to the location and you should be set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, from what I can tell, the broken link files appear to already be in the correct location.

For example, my Welcome page is one that I cannot open in Robohelp because of the broken link, however, in file explorer, the file exists in my source folder with all the other topics.

When I open the Welcome TOC Properties pane, it doesn't show up in the Existing Topics: field even though I'm viewing all folders. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit early in the day for Rick. You are saying the missing topics are in File Explorer but do that show in Project Manager. I am wondering if RoboHelp has just lost track of them?

If they show as missing there as well, then import them back in. Are there many such topics?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are thousands. But I was able to restore the broken links from within RoboHelp.

I have an unrelated question: how can I hide certain topics from my output? For our minimum viable product for our beta test group, we only want them to see certain topics. Without deleting the topics I don't want the users to see, is there a way to hide these topics in 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a conditional tag called say Beta. In Topic List apply that tag to all the topics to be excluded. When you generate, create an expression NOT Beta and those topics will not be in the build.

You could create a separate output as a duplicate and just change the build expression so that you have one output for general use and one for the testers to save keep changing the expression, or forgetting to.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp