• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Upgrade RH 2017 Project to RH 2019

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We acquired RH 2019 in December 2018, and I upgraded my RH 2017 project to 2019 with no problems. However, when I saw that the Related Topics button wasn't supported yet, I started using RH 2019 Classic. I recently saw that Update 4 (released in January, 2019) supported the Related Topics button, so I installed that update, deleted my old upgraded project, and tried upgrading again. It won't work. It creates the file structure, but never fills it in with actual files. With my first successful upgrade in December, everything completed in minutes. I've let this one run for over an hour and there's nothing happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, you are trying to upgrade a copy of the project from a 2017 version and that is what is now not working.

There's another thread running with a different upgrade problem but working with Update 4.

See what is suggested there and post back here with your answers.

Broken links created by Robohelp2019 conversion

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two hours and 15 minutes. That's how long the upgrade took. It did eventually work, just much slower than it originally had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on a local drive or a network drive?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Local. C: drive.

As an aside, all Related Topics are now showing up like:

Which looks like:

There's no button anymore? The online help (https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/user-guide.html) doesn't seem to support searching and I can't find any directions on how to get it looking back how it did in 2017/2019 Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The appearance has changed as covered in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project and the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

You can change the default text and a quick test seems to indicate it can be blank. You could then insert an image above the list instead of text it wouldn't be a button that displays the list, that would always be visible.

The link opens a page with a search option and once the results are returned, you can filter them for RoboHelp only. However, the information you need is in the locations I have covered above.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp