Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we increase the Mini TOC item-level count in RH 2019 Frameless skin

Participant ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using RH 2019 Frameless skin and I would like to know if it is possible to increase the Mini TOC item-level count in Topic Page > Mini TOC. By default, RH provides item-level 1 to item -level 6.

I have a topic with 7 headings and in the output at the right hand pane that contains the Mini TOC, only 6 headings are highlighted as I scroll through the page and the last heading though displayed is not highlighted.

In Layout > Mini TOC, I have set "Use Headings from" 1 to 6. As per my understanding the headings are not highlighted because RH 2019 provides only 6 item - level count. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

It's showing all headings in a simple test. I did not that the last heading, not necessarily the seventh, does not highlight until several lines below it are visible.

Maybe you only have a couple of lines? Try adding some blank lines after if that is the case.

Does that resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CSS and HTML only support six heading levels. https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_headings.asp

Are you seeing h7 in your styles? I just added such a style in the CSS in code view but correctly it is not shown when all styles is selected. Maybe you added a paragraph style called heading 7?

Bottom line though is the mini toc only supports true headings.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Apologies for the confusion.

I have 7 headings in a topic and all 7 uses H1 heading style. In the Frameless output, when i scroll through the topic content the mini TOC at the right-hand pane highlights all 6 headings but not the 7th heading. Let me know if I am missing any setup.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's showing all headings in a simple test. I did not that the last heading, not necessarily the seventh, does not highlight until several lines below it are visible.

Maybe you only have a couple of lines? Try adding some blank lines after if that is the case.

Does that resolve it?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Adding blank lines, did help. But the extra spaces shows up in my ouput.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your choice. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp