• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot assign simple p paragraph format since update to RoboHelp 2020.5.58 on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to RH 2020.5 I cannot assign the simple p format anymore. It still is assigned to existing paragraphs, but I cannot assign it to any new ones. 

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

I can confirm I see the same thing on Windows.

In my case I added a new paragraph after a table. It was assigned the "style" (None). Looking at the code it's <p class="null">. When I click on p in the Styles panel nothing happens. However, if I type some text in the paragraph, then click on (None) in the Styles panel, the class is removed and the paragraph code changes to a plain <p> (and p is also selected in the Styles panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered something similar. See RH-9368

Look at the source view and see what is posted there. I think you will see a class applied and what is happening is that clicking P is not removing the class. 

In author view, click in the paragraph and go to Content Properties, then click the Clear Formatting icon.

Please post back and confirm that has fixed the issue. Also vote for the bug.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm I see the same thing on Windows.

In my case I added a new paragraph after a table. It was assigned the "style" (None). Looking at the code it's <p class="null">. When I click on p in the Styles panel nothing happens. However, if I type some text in the paragraph, then click on (None) in the Styles panel, the class is removed and the paragraph code changes to a plain <p> (and p is also selected in the Styles panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not seem to work on the Mac. Selecting p after typing text changes nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click (None). Clicking p doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tipp, but unfortunately, clearing the formatting only works for paragraphs that where created in RH 2020.4. The class does not get removed from paragraphs that were created in RH 2020.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a new paragraph created in RH2020.5.

You have to type some text, then click (None) not p. (Assuming your paragraph is currently listed as "(none)".)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I realised you might be responding to Peter's comment, which I hadn't seen previously. Try what I said as maybe there's another problem with the special "null" class and "Clear Formatting"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is being looked at by the engineers.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us the code for the paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered something like this earlier, in the source view of the affected paragraphs, there was unnecessary <span> tag. I just deleted those tags, and it started accepting my styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CDCW1985 I know Amber has said clicking None did not work for her but Adobe have specifically requested that you try it. Also let us have the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other way around, Peter. (None) works; P does not.

The None style seems to act as a toggle in the case when a paragraph shows as None in the Styles panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is the code you need.

<p class="Note" dir="ltr">Das Ändern eines Bemaßungsstandards hat zur Folge, dass alle bestehenden Bemaßungen die­ses Standards den neuen Einstellungen entsprechend angepasst werden.</p>
<p class="Note" dir="ltr">This is the paragraph that should only have a p style.</p>

Changing the class to "null" and then selecting the p style did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clicking (Keine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I completely overlooked that "style", sorry. And yes, clicking (Keine)/(None) and then p works.

This is still only a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed it is only a workaround but at least you have one. I'm sure it will be fixed in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp