• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get rid of CBT (conditional build tag)

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project for which I'm filtering out some themes by using CBTs. I tried to revert all set CBTs to unset, but with one theme (folder) I'm having problems. I cannot delete that CBT.

It is  that the folders in the HTML tree view are either marked with a triangle corresponding to the color of the CBT  or with a grey one.

In case of the colored CBT it sticks to a color, the color that is assigned to a CBT, named "Off".

When I right click on that topic folder, and choose the bottom menu item (New/Multiple - that is Neu/Mehrere in the german language version)
I see that all are unchecked, just the one named "Off" is checked, bat greyed out. When I uncheck this, I can do this but clicking OK then doesn't makle it go away. It sticks there.

--

Christoph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the tag in the CBT pod and select Properties. That will tell you where the tag is being used. Perhaps that will help explain why you cannot delete it.

You should be able to delete it regardless but I'm not sure if the issue is that you cannot delete it or simply that it is disabled (greyed out).

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I tried that, but it is extremely difficult to sort out, where the tag is being used since the infomation is not hierarchically structured. All files have only there base name, no directory structure.

Would you say, if one file/topic/folder further down in the hierarchy has the tag set, it would propagate up to the highest folder level and appearing greyed there meaning to say that it is not the folder itself, that is tagged but at least one of its children?

I now succeede doing the following:

I chose New/Multiple and chose "Delete all".

Then I exited RH11 and deleted the .cpd file. After that I started it again and the tags were gone.

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you say, if one file/topic/folder further down in the hierarchy has the tag set, it would propagate up to the highest folder level and appearing greyed there meaning to say that it is not the folder itself, that is tagged but at least one of its children?

No. I think it was some simple corruption that deleting the CPD has fixed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp