• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use bookmarks to direct to a specific heading in a topic (RH 2019).

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add a link to a specific heading in a topic. What I know is that Bookmarks should do that, but when I bookmark a text and try to insert a bookmark in another topic, I don't have the option to choose from the bookmarks I've added. Any advice?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

When you created a bookmark to a topic, this topic should be displayed with > in the contents section:

Topic with bookmarks in Contents sectionTopic with bookmarks in Contents section

If you click >, the topic unfolds and shows the contained bookmarks.

Topic with unfolded bookmarksTopic with unfolded bookmarks

You can now open your other topic, highlight the word you want to use as link and simply drag and drop the desired bookmark onto this word. It will then become a hyperlink. The tooltip should say something like: First_Topic.htm#Funktionen

--> The fir

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you created a bookmark to a topic, this topic should be displayed with > in the contents section:

Topic with bookmarks in Contents sectionTopic with bookmarks in Contents section

If you click >, the topic unfolds and shows the contained bookmarks.

Topic with unfolded bookmarksTopic with unfolded bookmarks

You can now open your other topic, highlight the word you want to use as link and simply drag and drop the desired bookmark onto this word. It will then become a hyperlink. The tooltip should say something like: First_Topic.htm#Funktionen

--> The first part of this link is the topic, the #-part is the bookmark.

It is also possible to highlight the desired word in your topic and click "insert hyperlink". In the dialog that opens, the same Contents section is displayed where you can unfold your bookmarked topic and select the desired bookmark.

My examples show the new UI, but it works similar in RH Classic, it just looks differently.

Hope, this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Karin. I'll give it a try. Another question please, did you try to apply "Dynamic filters" on RH frameless output? I have set it up, but it doesn't show on the final output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried it and it worked. Many thanks for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, can't help with the frameless output, as I have never used it. However, I would recommend to create a new post with this question to not mix up topics and so that anyone else who might know easily finds it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp