• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change prefix from index.htm to index.html

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp 2019 v8, I want to change the Start Page from index.htm to index.html for system configuration reasons. However, when I make the change in the Frameless Output Preset, the change is not saved when I make the change.

Where do I make the change in the generated output please?

Thanks

Michelle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In File Explorer post generation?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I need to alter the contents of the .RH-LAYOUT-HEADER-logo in userstyles.css

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Egh? You wanted to change the start page extension. Now you are referring to altering a logo.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, the link is on the logo. I need it jump to index.html not index.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK but that's a very different question to changing the start page extension.

The homepage is what you are talking about and that is in the output's template folder. The filename is homepage.ejs. According to that RH-LAYOUT-HEADER-logo is linked to homepage.js. That file has a reference to index.htm. I'm guessing that altering that in the output should work.

It's not tested so backup everything up first.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update you, I fixed the issue by making the change in the whxdata/projectsettings.js.

Thanks for your help

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to the folder where the html5 output is.
  2. Search for "index.htm" in that folder
  3. Open the "common.min.js" in a text editor like Notepad and change the instances of "index.htm" "index.html"
  4. Open the "screendata.js" in a text editor like Notepad and change the instances of "index.htm" "index.html"
  5. Open the "rh.min.js" in a text editor like Notepad and change the instances of "index.htm" "index.html"
  6. Open the "projectsettings.js" in a text editor like Notepad and change the instances of "index.htm" "index.html"
  7. That should do the trick. Does for me, at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We looked at it today and realized that restriction to allow just index.htm is not required and index.html can be easily allowed. We will try to make the change in update 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp