Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character-level formatting in the glossary: RH2020

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is there any way to apply character formatting (such as bold and italics) to words in a glossary definition? In TW we typically bold field names, window names, etc., but I can't see how to do this in RH2020.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TW - Technical writing or something else?

The default.css contains these styles.

image.png

Try glossterm. If you are using a different CSS, try copying that style into your CSS.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hu Peter

Glossterm doesn't seem to give character-level formatting. I want to be able to select a word in a glossary defintion and make it bold.

Yes, TW =  "technical writer". I imagine most RH users are technical writers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used the Glossary in all my years using RH, as no formatting, nor even multiple paragraphs is allowed in the definition.

I'm not on RH2020, but I don't imagine that has changed, sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have learned not to make assumptions about what people mean when using acronyms, hence checking.

As Amber has pointed out, formatting of specific words isn't an option. I believe you may be able to apply formatting in an XML file and in 2020 the .glo file is in XML format. The danger here is that maybe an update to the glossary will affect the file. It's not something I have tried but Google tells me it is possible in XML files generally.

Please follow this link to request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp