• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome: How do I get back/forward buttons and DHTML to work in Chrome browser?

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a Chrome browser (Version 60.0.3112.113 Official Build 64-bit) DHTML and back and forward buttons don't work. They do work in IE. I'm using RoboHelp 2017 WebHelp. DHTML effect is Elastic. Back button action OnClick is: top.frames[1].frames[1].history.go(-1); Forward button OnClick is: top.frames[1].frames[1].history.go(+1);

Is there a solution to allow DHTML elastic and Back/Forward buttons to work in Chrome?

Regards,

Helen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hopefully you understand that the Back and Forward buttons are for Browse Sequences.

As for the DHTML effect, these whiz bang effects only ever seem to work in IE. In my own view, these are just whiz bang effects that don't add anything of real value anyway.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thanks for the quick response.

I accept your answer about DHTML, so will remove to cater for any Chrome users.

But I'm not referring to the Browse forward and back buttons above the TOC. (They work fine in Chrome.) I added Back and Forward buttons on the toolbar (it makes life easier for some users - so was happy to oblige). But it is these toolbar buttons that don't work in Chrome. Is there code or script I can use that will work in IE and Chrome?

Regards

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, perhaps we need more information then. For starters, let's ensure we are both on the same page.

Can you share a screen capture of the output with the buttons visible?

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Here's the screen image.

It seems I need 'similar' code to the browser buttons above TOC in the Back/Forward buttons on the toolbar for Chrome. But in IE the back/forward buttons also work when I click on a task in a process flow to go to the topic, then click back to go back to the process flow.

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screen capture. So these buttons were custom added by someone at some point. They are custom buttons that aren't supplied by RoboHelp. That means whomever added them also added custom code to make them work.

So the next step is to open your skin editor, then explore exactly what the code is behind the buttons.

Open the Output Setup pod, click the Skins folder to expand it and double-click the skin you are using. It should open in the Skin Editor.

From the Skin Editor, edit the buttons and note what the action is that has been assigned.

Snag_340f9a26.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick

Buttons added by me (see above). Code is: Back button action OnClick is: top.frames[1].frames[1].history.go(-1); Forward button OnClick is: top.frames[1].frames[1].history.go(+1);

If you can improve on this so it also works in Chrome that would be great.

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp