• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cleaning up old script in RH code--InitEffects...x-on-pageload

Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am upgrading help projects from RH9 to RH2015, and have come across some topics that include old script code in them. It's causing errors in IE. In its simplest form the code looks like this:

temp_RH initeffects code.png

Is there an easy to clean this up? Something similar to Tools > Update DHTML, perhaps? If I have to, I'll write a script to clean this up, but most instances are not laid out quite this simply, so i was kind of hoping for a canned solution.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

As suggested, I also use scripts to fix this up. I normally get the contents of the token (token.name) and do a test: if(token.name.indexOf("x-on-pageload") != -1) to check whether the conditions are met. If you identify two or three keywords that are unique, you can quickly remove the content. - Just my two cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other solution that I can think of is something like Text Crawler.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No out-of-the-box answer for me, then. Thanks, Peter.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested, I also use scripts to fix this up. I normally get the contents of the token (token.name) and do a test: if(token.name.indexOf("x-on-pageload") != -1) to check whether the conditions are met. If you identify two or three keywords that are unique, you can quickly remove the content. - Just my two cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Willam. That's more or less what I just did. Some of our help projects have some really...interesting...old artifacts in them.

Cheers,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp