• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Co-Author in RoboHelp

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to co-author 1 RoboHelp project among 3 people using Dropbox?  If not, what is the best program to use?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can but just because you can do something, it doesn't make it a good idea.

I have successfully co-authored with another but we were in very different time zones. That worked just fine using Dropbox and I believe Google Drive also works OK. The one to avoid is OneDrive. I experienced problems and others have reported the same on these forums.

If you are simply working on different topics, that should be OK. What will give grief is things like two or more working on the TOC, editing the skin and suchlike, more than one person working on the same thing.

It's down to discipline. Ideally you should be using source control as those tools have mechanisms to protect you.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp