• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color of Background versus color of Body (or div???)

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a coder.

Here’s something that’s been on my wish list for a while… If you look at the screenshot below, I want to keep the background of the body white.  (By "body", I mean the part of the canvas that has content.  (In default.css, I've set the max-width to 775px.)

But I want the background of the UNUSED part of the page to be gray (so that the page/content itself is more defined, kind of like when you view a PDF via a browser -- the page of the document itself is white, but the BACKGROUND on both sides of the page is dark gray.)

I'm not a coder.  Seems it would be via CSS code rather than HTML in Master Pages...?

I've emailed this question to a developer who does not use RoboHelp.  Her response was:

However, I haven't been able to implement this, because 1)  I cannot figure out exactly where, and in which file, to put the line about linear-gradient; and 2)  I cannot find a div.top section default.css, layout.css, or MasterThemeSchema files.

Any ideas?

Thanks much,

Mark Thiel

one of three.jpg

two of three.png

three of three.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you want to achieve but I doubt you will manage it in RoboHelp as it does not play nicely with div tags. I did manage it with Dreamweaver which does play nicely but even then it was not straightforward.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter.  I figured it might be a long shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp