• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command line: power shell : -- cl invalid argument

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I am trying to export my projects from a 'master' project which is linked with 'children projects'. I wrote the instructions in a *.bat file and specified a environment variable (path of robohelp)
Here is an example of my first line of code:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\RoboHelp 2020\RoboHelp.exe" --cl "D:\OLH\05_Tests_RH_2020\input\Master_project.rhpj" -o "FORCE" -p "D:\OLH\05_Tests_RH_2020\compilations\command_line" -l D:\OLH\05_Tests_RH_2020\log_tests_compilations\master.html

The other lines allow to compile the child projects. The result is correct and everything seems to work well (either the files are correctly exported).

I still get error messages that look like this:

(node:23060) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.

I don't really understand why because i thought this problems where solved with the build version i have.

So I tried to compile my projects with PowerShell but it seems that the --cl argument is not recognized.

Being a beginner, I would like to have your opinion on this line:

Set-Location 'C:\Program Files\Adobe RoboHelp 2020\RoboHelp.exe' --cl 'D:\OLH\05_Tests_RH_2020\input\Master_project. rhpj' --output 'FORCE' --path 'D:\OLH\05_Tests_RH_2020\compilations\command_line' --log 'D:\OLH\05_Tests_RH_2020\log_tests_compilations\Master_project.html'

I replaced the -o and -p argument with --output and --path because i had errors messages during the script execution.

I used PowerShell with RH 2017 and i had no problem.

I have read the online help and advice given in this page:
https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2020/outputs/command_line.htm 

But it doesn't work.

So, here are my questions :
- why my *.bat returns errors messages even if i'm up-to-date (RH 2020.8.34)

- where is the problem with my PowerShell script.

As cmd seems to be deprecated in the future, I would prefer my PowerShell script to work 😉

To complete, i'm a Window 10 user.

Thank you very much for the answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an expert, but this page suggests Set-Location only wants a folder, not a file. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/scripting/samples/managing-current-location?view=powers...

So assuming the cmd script doesn't work then I assume you need to set the path, then have another command to run the robohelp command line arguments. But I don't know how sorry. If Peter doesn't have further information I would suggest contacting Adobe Support. The email address is recommended as it goes to a dedicated team.:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer Amebr. 

I have not yet found the right code to use RH in PowerShell. I have completed my cmd with the allocation issues. The compilations come to completion 95% of the time. So I just have to watch the cmd run. I will contact support as you advised. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will give the workaround given by the Adobe support when i will have an answer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp