Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comments not showing in PDF for review

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I create a PDF document for review in Robohelp (2015)v only the tracked changes show and not the comments. Previously I could view the comments too.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use the feature but I just tried a simple test and found the same. I have asked a contact if there is a known issue.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying they aren't showing in the Review Pane?

tmp4.png

If so, perhaps you need to click the icon and choose Show all?

If you do see comments in the Review Pane, just try double-clicking the comment.

tmp6.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can view the comments fine in the Review pane in RH. But when I export to PDF for review, only the tracked changes are visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh my bad. I was misunderstanding the issue.

What I thought at first was that comments were being added to the PDF and when it was imported back into RoboHelp, they weren't showing.

Seems you are referring to the reverse? Comments exist in the topic (either by adding them directly or by virtue of importing a commented PDF from a review cycle) and they aren't being added to the PDF being sent for review.

I'm not sure I ever tried that but I just did and sure enough, I don't see them in the PDF after creating it.

Not sure if this is a bug or if it's by design. As you say it seemed to be working before (earlier version of RoboHelp perhaps?) I'd say you likely need to report it to Adobe by clicking the link below.

Click here to file a bug report

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@icascall

In which version of RoboHelp did you get the comments as well?

Was it part of the Technical Communication Suite or did you use the PDF generator that ships with standalone RoboHelp.

I'm not seeing the comments in the PDF in any recent version but I do have multiple versions of RoboHelp and that could affect this issue.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp