• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compile Error (RoboHelp 8)

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am compiling webhelp uing RoboHelp 8 and although the result looks fine and works ok, i keep getting the following error in the output view.

Applying WebHelp 5.50 Template...
........................Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_FtsMaxResult

As i said there is nothing wrong with the compiled output (as far as i can see) but am just wary of what this error is as i only recently upgraded to version 8, form version 5, and have had a host of problems since doing it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2009 Aug 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from RH6 to RH8 and I have the exact same error: Applying WebHelp 5.50 Template...
........................Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_FtsMaxResult

And I have been investigating this for a few days now and have found no thing. Do I need to recreate my template? My machine is running very slow and my templates don't seem to be working anymore. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick~

I was able to fix it my issue by generating a new project and I saw the default.css and the RHStyleMapping.css that I had deleted weeks ago from my project. So I imported both the default.css and the RHStyleMapping.css back into my project. (I also have my own style sheet: Save HTC Style Sheet.CSS) I don't know if this had any bearing on the fix but I did it anyways. Then I took the new project Robohhre.lng file and overwritten my old Robohhre.Ing into my existing project and then generated the project.And no macro error:

Finished processing Full-Text-Search data in 226 sec(s)

...................................................................................................
Finished applying Template in 23 sec(s)

Finished compiling WebHelp in 416 sec(s)

Compilation complete.

Thank-you,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all! Your suggestions helped me fix the same problem I was having. I've printed out this threaded conversation and put it in my RoboHelp folder for when this happens on my next converted project. You all saved me hours and hours of confusion.

~Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the problem by going to project settings and changing the language.

This generates a new .lng file

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced a similar issue today Our organization decided to migrate from RH7 to RH9, and for most of the projects I tested the WebHelp output compiled just fine. However, for some, post-conversion, every time I tried generating the WebHelp output I received a long list of messages all proclaiming "Template Error:Cannot resolve macro:<macro name> in <location of whtbar.js file in the output folder>, and a pretty long intimidating list of errors that was.

None of the solutions provided on any of the related threads helped me solve the problem I was facing, but it did convince me that it was definitely a problem with the LNG file. The only thing that worked for me was to close the project, delete the !language! folder, reopen the project, and generate the WebHelp.

Hope this helps anyone who faces the same issue as I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a string of macro error messages all related to the Web Help files after I converted over from RH7 to RH9.

A small section of the error msgs:

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_LoadingData

....Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_MergeError1

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_MergeError2

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_JS_alert_ProjectLoadingFail

..Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_PreTooltip in C:\HG\PCDmisQA\Pcdlrn\Help\Planner\!SSL!\Webhelp\whtopic.js

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_NextTooltip in C:\HG\PCDmisQA\Pcdlrn\Help\Planner\!SSL!\Webhelp\whtopic.js

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_Show_Navigation_Component in C:\HG\PCDmisQA\Pcdlrn\Help\Planner\!SSL!\Webhelp\whtopic.js

How I resolved it was to check the Republish All check box in the Publish tab (which I don't normally have checked).

Once I did this and then republished my project I had no errors.

I hope this is of some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Steve

Sorry, but I'm going to remain skeptical on this and consider what you pointed out to be a red herring.

Here's why:

The Template Error messages you cite should be stemming from the Generation process. This is the process that occurs when RoboHelp is creating the output files. One by one each file is read into memory from the source location and script is added to the topics. After modification, copies of the topics are placed in the output location. RoboHelp is also configuring things like the skin and other settings during this process.

The option you pointed out "Republish All" should have zero effect at this point. This is because that option is related to the Publishing process. Think of Generating as being like mixing a bowl full of cookie dough, dropping the dough balls onto the cookie sheet and baking the cookies. Think of Publishing as moving (copying) the cookies from the cookie sheet into the cookie jar.

I'm thinking there has to be some other issue that perhaps resolved on its own or that resolved as a result of a change you made and didn't realize it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I saw something like that when testing RoboHelp 9 but that it only occurred on upgrade, maybe I had to delete the CPD after upgrade as well. Pretty sure it did just go away.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix macro issues by generating a new project in RH8 and assigning my .css to a new topic then copying the new Robohhre.lng file into my existing Robohelp 8 project. Then I sent the new Robohhre.lng file to a user on RoboHelp 9 of 'our' 'help file project to copy/paste into the root folder of the our project. (Yes, we will be upgrading to RH 9 soon.) We just have one macro error left to resolve:

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_ContentCategoryList

Does the user on RH9 need to generate a new project on RH9 to fix this template error above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The RH 9 user should do the same thing you did in RH8 to create a customized .lng file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you delete the LNG files from a closed project using Windows Explorer, RoboHelp will create a new one when you reopen the project. No need to copy the file between projects.

I haven't read back through the thread but that seems to be the solution based on the last couple of posts.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think they’re doing it to preserve some customized wording that they’ve modified in the .lng file. The danger is that those customized versions don’t get upgraded when versions of RH change – so you have to “reinvent the wheel” to get your wording back in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp