• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compiled Webhelp not including updated content

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been maintaining an RH project for several years without a problem. I'm currently running RH2020. I updated some content in the project yesterday and then published the project as Webhelp. When I view the output, I get a message that the Webhelp is out of date even though I just re-published it. Sure enough, when I view the output, my recent changes aren't visible. When I look at the project source files, my changes are definitely there, but when I look at the published files, I can see that none of the files I've edited have an updated modified date. In contrast, all the folders of the published project do have updated modification dates. 

I have not had this problem in the past. I did get a new computer recently, so it is possible a project setting got lost in the transition. In particular, I noticed that the first time I tried to publish yesterday I got an error that my Publish Profile was missing. I haven't seen that before, but I added one with an Upload Location that matches the Output Path for the project. Since then, the project appears to publish successfully, but is not actually updating the files with recent changes.

I'd appreciate any guidance on what's going on here and what I can do to fix it. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Nevermind!  I just figured out what I was doing wrong. I needed to Generate, not Publish. I'm not a daily user of RoboHelp. Can you tell?  Anyway, I'm all set.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind!  I just figured out what I was doing wrong. I needed to Generate, not Publish. I'm not a daily user of RoboHelp. Can you tell?  Anyway, I'm all set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp