Exit

Compiling webhelp output version 2015 from Robohelp version 2017

Participant ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here is a scenario:

I have Robohelp version 2017 installed on my local machine and I have few other team members using Robohelp version 2015. We update the same help source.

1. I update the help content on my machine by using RH version 2017 and generate a webhelp 2015 output.
  2. I check it in the source control.
  3. The admin takes the most updated source of the help files on the build server and generates a webhelp and then    integrates it with the product. He uses Robohelp 2015 to generate the webhelp.

The question is, will step 3 give an error or pose any risks/issues? Reason: I generated a 2015 web help from RH 2017 software and the admin generates a 2015 web help from RH 2015 software.

Any thoughts if anyone has tried anything like this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have done this as well and have not found any issues.

Cheers

Erika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Running a project in both versions should not give you a problem unless your output is HTML5. The issues are covered in the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

Note that this is the first time that opening a project in the current and previous version has been possible and it should not be assumed this is a new feature.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp