• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Condition Expressions in RoboHelp 2019 do not work

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the new version of RoboHelp 2019 and have found that since upgrading from the Classic version the condition expressions do not appear to be working correctly. I have found that where my condition expression includes more than one condition tag which is set to 'Include' content, the output doesn't work. Has anyone else had this issue and knows how to fix it or is this a known bug in the new RoboHelp?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The outputs from 2019 all start from the point that all topics you want in the output have to be included in the TOC. They don't have to be visible there to the end user as there is an option to then hide them. This is described in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project.

You haven't said in what way your output doesn't work but I haven't had or seen issues with expressions not working so I am thinking that your problem is somehow linked to that.

Two options that seem to fit what you want are to simply create a TOC that includes just what you want in it, then there would be no need for an expression or use exclude expressions.

Does that help?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I am a colleague of the original poster.

All topics we want to eventually have included in the output are added to the TOC. But while the topics are in the draft process condition expressions are added to them via the TOC and 'Contents' folder to exclude them from our 'issue' expression and include them in our 'draft' expression. However, we have discovered that topics are being incorrectly excluded at all times, regardless of the expression rules in use. The projects and output settings we are using have been upgraded from RoboHelp 2015 to 2019 and were working perfectly fine prior to the upgrade. But now we find ourselves unable to successfully create new condition expressions or tags and output Responsive HTML5 help using them. Without the ability to include and exclude the help we choose, we are distributing help to our clients that they should not have access to.

To no avail, we have had a lot of correspondence with the Adobe Support Team to try and address the issues we are having with our expressions (one of your suggested options). An issue we found and recreated directly before the Support Team (while they were connected to my machine) was that topics were being incorrectly excluded from the output when the condition expression we were using 'included' more than one condition tag with the 'AND' operator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your colleague has posted a complaint in another thread and I have responded to that. As stated there, I have escalated the post to senior Adobe staff but time zone differences mean you may not get a response to that today.

I have offered there to take a look if you are willing to share the project. Without sight of that, it's virtually impossible to advise what is going wrong.

One thing you have added is that you upgraded from 2015 to 2019. Advice is that where such an upgrade has issues is to upgrade to 2019 Classic first. I doubt that is the issue but everything has to be tried. I realise though that you may have made updates in 2019 ruling that out.

If you can share, I would like to see both the Classic version and your copy of the upgrade. Also I would need some examples of what is getting included that should not be or vice versa. Without that, there's not much more that forum supporters can do.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the complaint has been posted because we have been through the steps to share projects with the Support Team and recreate issues countless times, but we have ended up solving all of the issues ourselves up until now. So thank you for escalating this.

I would be grateful if you could take a look at our issue but due to restrictions on how we send files, the way we have been sharing them with Adobe is by uploading them in a zip file to our website and then instructing the relevant Support Team member to navigate to the site to download the file before we remove them after confirmation of the download has been received. Is this something you would be willing to do?

For further information, we did initially use the Classic version of 2019 with no issues. Then we had to move to the newer version of 2019 for collaborative purposes and started to have issues further down the line once we had completed work after the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that would be fine. I would be interested to take a look even though Surbhi is now on the case.

Send me the link in an email via the contact page on my site. Please specify some topics that should and should not be in the output and the layout to use if more than one.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter. I have sent you an e-mail with details and instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent a reply to JS. Need some information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have replied to your e-mail, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp