Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional tag for exclusion of a topic issue

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using RoboHelp 2020 and have an issue with applying a conditional tag (Seagull) to a Section in the TOC. The aim is for this particular section not to be included in the online output or any printed documents. The output is Responsive HTML.

I  created a condition tag (Seagull) and applied it to the desired section through the Properties > Condition tags > Apply tags.

I then added the tag to  Condition Expressions, using the expression; Exclude : When Audience is : Seagull and then saved.

However, on generating the output, the TOC still contains the section that I need excluding... What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Have you selected the expression in the preset?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a suspicion that works differently from Classic and only excludes the actual section name in a TOC, not the topics within.

Try tagging the topics themselves. You could try selecting all the topics in the section and applying the tag.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Thanks for getting back. Yes I have tried that... tagged both the Section and the topic within, but nothing doing. The output still shows the TOC with the section included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tagged a section only with MyCondition and created an expression Exclude MyCondition. It excluded the section and the topics within.

I suggest that first you create a simple project with just enough topic to create two sections and try in that. If that works as it should, then we need to look further. Definitely the correct TOC tagged etc.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

So I have done as you suggested, but I am still getting the same issue. Just to go over my steps, which are supported by the attached images in order:

1. Created a section with topics within the TOC.

2. Created a Condition tag (NotApplicable).

3. Created a Condition expression (Exclude).

4. Applied the Condition tag to the section.

5. Condition tag shows with green icon in TOC.

5. Generated Responsive HTML, however the section still shows in the output.

There must be something I am not doing correctly... I just can't fathom what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add those screenshots using the Insert Photos icon so that they can be looked at together. By attaching they can only be viewed one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Condition Tag 1.pngCondition Tag 2.pngCondition Tag 3.pngCondition Tag 5.pngCondition Tag 6.pngCondition Tag 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you selected the expression in the preset?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No... I didn't Peter. Thank you!

I looked through the user guide on condition tags and how to use them... clearly I must have missed the part that covered this 😞

It all works now, so thank you again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp