We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I am trying to use conditional tags to get filters to work in the output. It seems this only works with books or topics added directly into the merged project, not the merged project item in the toc, even though RH allows me to apply a conditional tag to the item.
In the generated output, the only filter that works is the one attached to the How To Use book. None of the other filters work. My goal is to be able to create filters that would let users select "sets" of books for their needs. Should this work, or am I pursuing this the wrong way?
I've just started evaluating this in a trial of RH2017 (build 1) and I can get it to work on merged outputs. The thing that tricked me up is the "filter condition tags" must be included in the "Available tags" box of the build expression. (Which makes total sense, otherwise all your topics will be excluded, but sometimes I'm just not that bright )
I also made sure to have the same tags and same filters set up in the parent and each child project.
Conditional Build Tags pod: P1, P2, P3, exclude, notes, SomeTag
Build expression Available tags field: SomeTag, P1, P2, P3
Dynamic content filters (name: tag):
Project 1: P1
Project 2: P2
Project 3: P3
(Hopefully this is enough to work with.)
Once it's all set up, build every project, starting with the parent just to make sure everything is set up right to start with.
You don't say which version, but also make sure you have the latest patches - I couldn't get it to work quite right before I installed the patch for RH2017.
P.S. there's a feature request to have a separate interface for filter conditions vs regular build tags - I think I'm going to vote for this enhancement, but will probably define a naming convention to distinguish the two different functions in the meantime. Maybe f_P1 for my filter conditions...
Tags can be applied to whatever is in a TOC in a single project so I am guessing that the code for that does not exclude references to child projects. In a single project, all that applying a tag to a TOC item does is exclude it from the TOC, not from the output. The topics can still be found by searching so I'm thinking they can still be found by the filtering code.
Apply your tags or expressions to the topics in each project instead.
See the Employee Care 3 sample project where there is a topic specifically describing content filtering. Also note Item 3 in Using RoboHelp 2017 to ensure you are working with the latest version of the samples. See Item 4 in Using RoboHelp 2015 if that is what you are using.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information
Thank you both... I think it was related to inconsistancy in the application of tags in the parent and merged projects.