Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configure format of URLs in RH 2019

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I use Adobe RoboHelp 2019 Update 11 (Version 14.0.11) with the new UI (not the Classic one).

If I generate Responsive HTML5 output, the html pages can be called using the URL '<path>/<start page>#t=<topic>', for example, 'mypath/help.html#t=topic1.html'.

Our company would like to integrate the help into an existing web application.
This web application calls the html pages of the help using an URL in the format '<path>/<start page>#<topic>' (not #t=).

As far as I have seen, currently, there is no possibility in Adobe RoboHelp to configure the format of the generated URLs.

Do you know a way to do this, or do you think, it would be possible for Adobe to implement a possibility to configure the format of the URLs?
We want to avoid changing our web application, because it involves breaking changes which makes parts of our software incompatible with older versions of it.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Sabine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if that's configurable, but this is something you can easily do with a find/replace script after compiling the output. You can select if you want to run a script after compiling, and this would be a reason to do just that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply!

Could you give me a hint what I have to change in the generated output?
I searched '#t=' in the output and found one occurrence in ...\template\scripts\common.min.js and two occurrences in ...\template\scripts\layout.min.js.
I changed them to '#' and opened my help again in the browser, but #t= is still used in the URL .

Furthermore, I am not sure, if it is the best solution to change the output generated by Adobe RoboHelp.
If the source code of Adobe RoboHelp changes from one version to another, maybe my script does not work correctly if I switch to a new version of Adobe RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think he's referring to running a find & replace on the output HTML files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The format <path>/<start page>#<topic> is how it worked in webhelp in earlier versions.

<start page># can be cut out and the topic will open without the TOC and toolbar. It will have a link allowing the user to open them.

Try http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2019/rh2019_upgrading.htm to see what I mean.

I expect that would still require the change being made along the lines Erwin has suggested but maybe that would make it easier. That's for your developers to decide.

As to Adobe making it configurable, you can ask but based on a request from one customer with a very specific problem, I wouldn't expect it any time soon. 🙂

Please follow this link to report bugs or request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp