Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configure Machine Translation

Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i am trying to use machine translation with Microsoft API.

i configured in Azure, got API-Key, configured it in RH. Checking brings up error with credentials.

Configured endpoint is: https://api.cognitive.microsofttranslator.com/

Perhaps that's wrong/incomplete?

Any ideas?

Thanks

uli

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Hi 

i found the reason and have a solution:

If you create the Microsoft Machine Translation service, you can choose the region. Of course, i choosed westeurope.

i did a little research with postman, and it turned out, that it is NOT sufficient, to have the apikey in the header. It is mandatory, to send the region, too.

So, the problem is, that i do not know, how to tell Rh, to transmit the api-region in the request header.

I found this workaround: When the Translation Service is created with region

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Hi,

To configure your header for any translation service provider, go to your RoboHelp installation directory, If you're a Windows user, go to this path from there: "resources/data/template/translation/bing/profile_builder.js" (for Microsoft Translation service).

If you're a Mac user: go to Applications tab in finder, locate Robohelp, right click "Adobe RoboHelp 2020.app" and click on "Show Package Contents". Go to "Contents/Resources/resources/data/template/translation/bing/profile_builder.js"

You

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link goes to the Documentation page, I suspect the real target is only visible to you if logged in.

Typically it should simply mean your credentials are not what Microsoft is expecting, obviously.

Check you have the latest updates first. You cannot update from the initial release (2020.0) using Help > Check for Updates. Go to https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html and download the latest update. You only need to apply the latest as it includes the incremental changes. Once you have applied a later update, Help > Check for Updates will work in the future.

Beyond that I think you will need to take this one to Support after the Christmas period. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

thanks.

the URL i provided is the one, Microsoft provided in the Azure portal for this service.

I wrote a little app and tried - works (URL, API-Key).

Same data cause error in the RoboHelp-check

Hmmm

uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a bug. Please report it using the link below so that it can fixed in an update.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your bug report in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

i found the reason and have a solution:

If you create the Microsoft Machine Translation service, you can choose the region. Of course, i choosed westeurope.

i did a little research with postman, and it turned out, that it is NOT sufficient, to have the apikey in the header. It is mandatory, to send the region, too.

So, the problem is, that i do not know, how to tell Rh, to transmit the api-region in the request header.

I found this workaround: When the Translation Service is created with region "global", it is sufficient to send only the apikey - and then it works in Rh.

Somebody knows, if it is possible, to configure additional headers to be sent in the request?

uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To configure your header for any translation service provider, go to your RoboHelp installation directory, If you're a Windows user, go to this path from there: "resources/data/template/translation/bing/profile_builder.js" (for Microsoft Translation service).

If you're a Mac user: go to Applications tab in finder, locate Robohelp, right click "Adobe RoboHelp 2020.app" and click on "Show Package Contents". Go to "Contents/Resources/resources/data/template/translation/bing/profile_builder.js"

You can add additional header data to this file by editing the "headers" where the "API_KEY" is written. In your case, to add region, the headers sections will look like this in your JS file after making the necessary edits:

headers: {
              'Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key': API_KEY,
              'Content-type': 'application/json',
              'X-ClientTraceId': uuidv4().toString(),
              'Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Region':'westeurope'
},

Make sure you enter the correct value for your region name that is provided by Microsoft. Restart your Robohelp, open a translation language in your project, and add a profile for bing translation, it will work as expected for all the profiles you will add or have added for bing.

We shall be fixing this issue in our next update. You can find the documentation for making edits to the existing translation service providers and support custom translation services here

Thanks,
Sudhanshu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are providing a way to configure additional header in the Translation Profile itself. It will be available in  update 4. After that manual workaround is not needed.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 4 on evaluation /free trial and its not working - tried both Microsoft and Google translation APIse and RH wont work with either which means I can't evaluate - Madcap Flare trial version work with both. Shame. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any specific thing that is not working for you? Do you get any error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Translation Profile page I enter the translation service API and the endpoint. Tried with both Google translation and Bing and in both cases when I click the Validate button RH says they are invalid. They are not invalid - they work in Flare OK and I've been back to the providers to validate. 

I am using free trial RH 2020 v 4. 

Gerry Cavander
Tech Writer

Checkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2020.4.173

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultp0x73367v09i (Gerry) - running as a trial makes no difference - it's the full product, just with an expiry. Did you try adding the region info to that Header section in the Profile that got added in patch 4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultp0x73367v09i - according to this thread - https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/google-translations-invalid-credentials/m-p/12051317#M138365 - Google changed something that has thrown off RH2020 patch 4 - there's a worksround described until a fix gets into a newer patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gerry,

Update 5 is released now which has the resolution for Machine Translation APIs.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp